We always believe that thinking is something as simple and natural as breathing, speaking or walking. However, things are not so simple. To think, in the strict sense requires method, discipline and above all courage. The great Nicholas Bate has 14 unmissable tips on this subject. An excerpt:
- A skill
- Become rock star good at it
- Proactive: what do I need to anticipate?
- Critical: what do I need to do better?
- Lateral: what do I need to do differently?
Read it now!
Nicholas Bate has some important reflections about Leadership. An excerpt:
- Leadership is not about job title, job grade, position in the structure chart nor special parking place. Leadership is about mindset. Leadership is about does your manner, your voice, your tone and what you say encourage people to do their best work? And does your track-record suggest you have a right to say such things?
- Leadership is a tough and lonely job in which many will not like you all of the time. That’s why you’re a leader: to steer a path which many are not sure they can maintain because of lack of strength or too many distractions or too many seductions.
Make sure to read all the list!
Instant wisdom by Nicholas Bate:
- “What The Beatles had to put up with in Hamburg on their long path to becoming world leaders in their chosen field.
- How many chairs Crick and Watson stood upon and models they built before they cracked the molecular structure of life: DNA”.
Read the entire list in You’ll Never Believe 7
“I sometimes wonder if it would make sense for companies to set formal 7 to 10 year “term limits” on their Chief Executive Officers. Doing so would have several advantages:
- For every genius forced out, there would be far more executives who reached their peak performance years before the departure date. The term limit would be the board’s safety net, permitting an exit without rancor”.
Michael Wade in Term Limits for CEOs?
From the great NIcholas Bate, some key advice for anyone thinking about to open a start-up:
- something different
- i.e. a desired difference which allows a premium price to be charged
- a premium price which allows profit
Read the entire post here!
My life has been marked by meals. When I was young I learned to defend my beliefs and ideas at the dinner table under the often ruthless scrutiny of my dad, brothers, sisters and mom. Childhood friends used to tell me that we had the most interesting and freewheeling mealtime discussions they ever experienced.
Read the entire post at Cultural Offering.
The interesting daily routine of one of the greatest men of the XX century. Read more on Cultural Offering