Advises from the great Nicholas Bate, about how to face tough times. A sample:
- Cultivate a growing not stagnating CV. Keep updating and looking for fresh experiences to strengthen your CV. If the pool is even smaller you need to be even better.
- Learn the art of the covering letter. Recruiters are busy; the covering letter is the chance to give them what they are looking for. The full CV then reassures them.
- Learn the art of the exploratory call. Recruiters are busy: friendly, polite, exploratory follow-up calls can get you a job. But don’t be a pain.
- Build a proper network and help it, don’t just sit on it. Actively help it.Then when you need it someone, somewhere will be able to help you.
- Stay Fit. Fit means resilience. Resilience is needed in tough times.
Read the complete article here!