The Six Disciplines Blog talks today about some Status Meetings Statistics. An excerpt:
In a recent 2011 survey about status meetings, conducted by Harris Interactive of 2,373 information workers found:
- 70 percent don’t believe status meetings help them accomplish work tasks
- Almost 40 percent feel that such meetings are a waste of time
- Even though 55 percent spend one to three hours per week attending such meetings.
Read the entire article here!
1. some status meetings have vital importance to the project management process. It’s up to you to present relevant data to the project team.
2. Excessive number of meetings and conference call can hinder more than help. It’s up to you say no to invitations that are not absolutely relevant
3. You can find more tips om my post DO’S, DON’TS and Some Tips about the Project Status Meeting.